Find out if your computer is capable of running Zorin OS and which edition is better suited for your computer.
These are the minimum hardware specifications required to install Zorin OS on a computer. If your computer doesn’t meet these requirements, you might not be able to run Zorin OS on it.
Zorin OS Core, Education, and Pro editions
Designed for modern computers.
- CPU: 1 GHz Dual Core – Intel/AMD 64-bit processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 10 GB (Core), 24 GB (Education), or 40 GB (Pro)
- Display: 1024 × 768 resolution
Zorin OS Lite, Education Lite, and Pro Lite editions
Designed for old and low-spec computers.
- CPU: 1 GHz Single Core – Intel/AMD 64-bit processor
- RAM: 1 GB
- Storage: 10 GB (Lite), 24 GB (Education Lite), or 40 GB (Pro Lite)
- Display: 800 × 600 resolution
Macs with Apple silicon
Mac computers with Apple silicon processors are not currently capable of running Zorin OS natively.
However, you may be able to use an app called UTM to run Zorin OS in a virtual machine on Mac computers with Apple silicon processors.
Raspberry Pi support
We don’t currently have a version of Zorin OS for Raspberry Pi computers. However, we plan to create a version for Raspberry Pi 4 & 400 in the future.
If you would like to keep updated with news about the upcoming Raspberry Pi version, you can subscribe to our newsletter.